Sunday, October 10, 2010

ChaZown


"Everyone gets somewhere, but not everyone gets somewhere on purpose"

Those are the words that started my day. I had the pleasure of watching yet again, a great sermon by Pastor Craig. I tell you what, this man has purpose in his life. He has passion for something so many are missing out on and that is Jesus Christ. He has found his Chazown.



Chazown is another word for vision or purpose. Craig spoke for one Sunday on the concept of Chazown, but has also written a whole book on it. In honor of this book our church is hosting a two day seminar on the Chazown experience in a couple weeks. This will be a time that people can come together in hopes of finding their Chazown. You guessed it...Zeb and I are in!

Now, this is not to say we are two completely lost individuals searching for 48 hours of eye opening information. We simply want to take advantage of the great things God can offer us in that time. As Craig said today, even if we were to know our purpose already or find it in those two days, if we never take the steps than the purpose means nothing. God said it better in Proverbs 29:18, "where there is no vision, the people perish..." This is my goal of participating in the Chazown experience. I have a pretty good idea of what it is that I should do with my life to bring the ultimate glory to God, but I need help with creating the vision.

Finally, I will leave you with the question that Craig left us with in order to find your true purpose.

If money were no object, what would you do with the rest of your life?

No comments: