Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Late Update and the "Bump"

This week has been a bit crazy! Emotions are high, work is busy, and this mama is tired. However, I wanted to pop in and give a quick update on this delightful time in life. I am even including my first "bump" picture. Don't worry it will only be one of the few! It is barely there, but an exciting start and my back is already killing me! 

16 Weeks!!!




This week, baby is the size of a: Turnip...rougly 5.5 inches
Due date: April 1, 2014
How far along: 16 weeks 2 days
Next appointment: November 20th! Gender check!! Woo hoo! 
Gender: less than 5 weeks! 
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds 
Stretch marks: not any more that I have noticed 
Swelling: None!
Maternity clothes: nothing new. Still in all my normal clothes.  
Belly button: Normal
Sleep: I have woken up almost every night this week about 3:30 am dying to pee!   
Food cravings/aversions: Natta  
Movement: I do think I felt a little fluttering last night!! :)
Wedding ring: Still fits great! Hoping that lasts!
What I miss: not being so tired. I seem to be still so sleepy! 
What I'm loving: growing in the belly. It's fun to watch it develop over time.   
What I'm looking forward to: our gender appt or anatomy appt according to my Doc. He doesn't seem to care what is between the legs. He just cares about all the organs...Typical! ;)  
Best moment this week: When I had the weight talk with my Dr. I asked him how much I should be gaining and he basically told me to enjoy pregnancy and that if I am asking about it there probably isn't much to worry about. He also told me if anyone else had anything to say about my weight to just send them to him because if he isn't concerned than no one else should be. ha ha Love him!
Milestones: feeling the small flutter. What an experience! 

Happy almost Friday! I am headed to a craft fair this weekend, getting my much needed hair done, and volunteering at a trick or treat event through the Red Cross. What are your plans this weekend? Make them wonderful!

No comments: