Friday, October 15, 2010

Top 5 Friday


Zeb and I have begun our pre-marital sessions with our Pastor. We have only had two meetings so far, but I love them. I love that hour that I get to spend with Zeb preparing for our marriage. With that I thought I would give the top 5 things I am looking forward to most in marriage.


  1. Having a family- this is the most exciting one for me. I cannot wait to raise our own children, but more than anything I can't wait to see Zeb be a dad.

  2. Sharing a journey with Christ-It is one thing to walk your own life with Christ, but when you are married you get to do it as a team. We get to cling to each other as individuals while clinging to the Lord together. The Lord will be OUR rock, not just MY rock. This just makes me tingle!

  3. Our small metal box-This is a recent idea that Zeb and I got from another married couple that we fully intend to implement into our marriage. It will be our little secret! :) If you are curious check out http://www.todaysletters.com/ and find their list of the top 10 things that have made all the difference in their marriage.

  4. Fighting-Mainly because I know it will happen and I try to convince myself if I can positively prepare for it we might get through it easier. The other side of that is even now as a couple we fight, but there is always some beauty in the end. Whether one of us was forced to remove another layer of pride or vulnerability we are always better as a couple after a fight.

  5. Leaving a Legacy-We get to take two lives and through exploration, confusion, and understanding create the Sasha & Zeb language. Then we get to continue to pursue each other and the complicated, sinful individuals that we are. We get to love every ounce of those imperfections just as Christ loved the Church. Finally, we get to hope and pray with every inch of our body that the example will be impressed, that because of our unity in Christ our children will have a legacy to hold onto long after we have left this earth.

That is just cool!


"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins"-1 Peter 4:8

No comments: