Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Beauty in 26 Letters


I have a love-hate relationship with reading. It is more of a love rather than hate. Like, the only time I really hate reading is when I am too tired to continue reading and I hate to stop. :) Reading brings out something different in me. I can not quite explain it, but I will do my best for the purpose of helping you understand.


I really love non-fiction. I love non-fiction because of its aunthenticity. There is something special about reading a book about something, someone, or some event that really happened. It may be the strong empathy inside of me, but I just really find joy in connecting with the character of the book who is actually not a character at all. They are a real person with a very real story that was worth sharing with the rest of the world. It is fascinating.


I love reading blogs. Again, I think it has so much to do with the authentic piece of it, but nonethless it is a favorite. It is easy to get lost in this world feeling not good enough and troubled. When you read about the lives of others through a source that they purposely put out there for others to read it is humanizing. It makes me realize that I am human and not the only one facing the trials of society. It is also inspiring and uplifting to read the success stories of other. I love reading the things that work in other people's lives. Maybe I am just nosy, but I would like to think it is fairly normal to enjoy this type of reading material.


My goal is to read more over the next couple of months. It expands my mind and challenges me in different ways than the day to day tasks. I would love for suggestions.


What are you reading?

2 comments:

PK said...

haha the comment about being nosy! It's not nosy, it's becoming inspired and informed :)

I am reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, hard book to read but it is Satan's "workers" side of the story about how they try to take you away from Christ. Freaky a little because I have realized how Satan can so easily have a hold on me.

Sash said...

I have ( or had) that book, but it was so hard for me to understand that I gave up! Kudos to your for continuing to try to understand it! Thanks for sharing Kali! :)