Monday, September 30, 2013

The Best Days Are Among Us!

If I weren't pregnant I would tell you I can hardly believe September is over, but since pregnancy has an odd way of making you very aware of days, weeks, and months I will just say tomorrow is October 1st! Wow! Where did the time go? For my friend Kali, that means she is almost half way through her 3 months away from her hubby. For my sister, that means she is only about 2 months away from welcoming another little one to this world. For Zeb, that means he is two weeks away from finishing his first course in his Master's degree. And for me, well that just means I am a little feeling better than I did a couple weeks ago. ;)

In recent weeks I have had some questions about how Advocare plays into my daily regimen while pregnant, so I thought I would share. It actually plays in quite nicely. Of course, I am not looking to lose any weight, but luckily Advocare is more than weight loss. When I first got pregnant I did some serious research on what I should continue and what I shouldn't. Other than what our Advocare Docs recommend and what my personal OB recommends, I found this awesome blog of another advocare fan who recently had her sweet boy. She wrote all about what she took during pregnancy and I think it is a great guide. You can check her site out here.

I have really stuck to the basics. Almost daily I start with Spark and a Meal Replacement Shake. The docs recommend one spark a day and I think it is the best way to start my day. I can't believe I am saying this as a recovering coffeeaholic, but I think it is better in terms of alertness. It's also packed with vitamins. Great for getting my nutrients! Who knew you needed SO MUCH protein when pregnant?? Not this girl!! My meal replacement shakes are a perfectly balanced meal that start my day with 24 grams of protein! I also love my Omega's(fish oil). Well as much as you can love fish oil supplements.

This is where the TMI comes in! Thanks to pregnancy and all that it is, I have experienced a GREAT amount of slowed bowel movements. In the first trimester I was bound and determined not to take anything I didn't have to. I tried very hard to drink tons of water to help this problem. It did not help. I soon turned to prune juice. Let's just say I have had all the prune juice my body will allow me take in. Problem still there. Ladies and Gentlemen the gates opened upon the ingestion of my first dose of probiotic. Relief finally!! I actually lost 3 pounds since last week and I don't know why....but I am just sayin. I am more than thankful for the Advocare Probiotic and it will stay for the remainder of this time. There are a few others that I am sure I will use over time, but those are the ones that have been the most present since I have been pregnant. Again, the girl I listed above used many more during hers so definitely check it out!

Also, with October 1st being here tomorrow and the last month before the holidays filled with tons of good food I thought what better than to do a mile a day challenge!! Just commit to walking 1 mile a day. And for everyday you miss, make up for it on the next day you go walking. So if you miss two days in a row, you walk 3 miles on the 3rd day. SO DON'T MISS A DAY!! Will you join me?? Come on it will be fun! And you will be glad you did. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can walk a mile a day. Let's go!

This week, baby is the size of a: Lemon! 3.5 inches
Due date: April 1, 2014
How far along: 14 weeks tomorrow :)
Next appointment: October 10th 
Gender: Another 5 or 6 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds. Dropped a couple from last week. 
Stretch marks: Still feeling good in this department. 
Swelling: None!
Maternity clothes: I added a maternity bathing suit to my wardrobe over the weekend. That was interesting. I am not even close to filling it out yet, but I needed a one piece for my water aerobics class so it made the most sense. I will grow into it! 
Belly button: Normal
Sleep: I am sleeping great and not as tired this week!  
Food cravings/aversions: Nothing still.  
Movement: too early!
Wedding ring: Still fits great! Hoping that lasts!
What I miss: definitely missing running this week. A couple of my run club friends ran in the local half marathon yesterday and with the nice weather I have had some withdrawals in the last couple days. It actually caused me to start planning my first half to train for post-baby!! 
What I'm loving: feeling better! I haven't been as tired and my appetite has been mostly normal. Oh and the relief mentioned above. :)  
What I'm looking forward to: a growing belly and our next appt next Thursday. It's always nice to hear the heartbeat and get our next appt scheduled which will be the gender appt!!  
Best moment this week: Taking the water class tonight. So fun and felt great to get active again. 
Milestones: Um well not to keep talking about it, but bowel relief. I wish I could describe how much better I feel! No pain, no gain! :)

Happy Fall Ya'll!! 

1 comment:

PK said...

Love the survey at the end! It will be fun to keep it up through the months! So fun!