Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Major Update in the Life of the Austin's

I don't even know where to start with this post. So much is running through my head with all that has happened in the last 6 weeks. First, I can't even believed how incredibly loved and blessed we have been. We have not been showered, we have been poured on with gifts for the arrival of Grady. It is truly a humbling feeling. I think I will let the pictures tell our story.

Let's start with our trip to Phoenix and the baby shower. We had such a good time hanging with my family. Baby shower day came and the two wonderful men in my life went golfing while we celebrated Grady. 
My dad surprised us with the airplane panels we REALLY wanted for Grady's room. The top photo is the $300 set you can happily buy at Pottery Barn. The bottom is my Dad's artwork! It honestly looks better to me and especially with the special touches he added. See below. 
I LOVE the Pistol Pete addition. Can you believe he free handed the whole thing? He also did the "G" for us which will hang on the other wall. 
My momma crafted this BEAUTIFUL diaper cake for my shower! She did one for my sister's shower a couple years ago too and I tried to convince her that I really think she has a talent. I mean these things go for like 80 bucks on etsy! She decided the head ache wasn't worth it. ;) I am glad she did it for me though! I loved it. 
Momma/grammi picture! After a long day of partying and golf. :)
My sister really did an AMAZING job with my shower. She put together these favors for each of the girls to take home with them. Cowboy Cookies were the perfect favor for a "lil buckaroo" baby shower. 
Howdy Grady! We can't wait to meet you! The perfect baby shower cake. 
And we can't forget sweet Killian! He is very excited about his cousin. I mean his face says it all! ;)
The Tuesday after we got home was our ultrasound appt! It was so exciting to see our sweet boy, even if we couldn't get the best pictures due to his position. We did establish that he was measuring ahead. Our due date is now moved up to March 27th. 
The following weekend was busy with the in-laws in town to help lay our new floor and then my Lubbock baby shower. It turned out to be the worst weekend to do either events since it snowed the most it's snowed all winter in Lubbock, but we still got it done and had a good time. We LOVE how much better it has made the living room look. 


Meet Jaimie and Denise. These are the two beautiful ladies that hosted my shower here in Lubbock. I met Jaimie while working at Tech and Denise in my run club. These two women have become very good friends of mine and I so appreciate them taking time to love on Grady!
I was happy to have Patty and Amber in town too! It's always nice to have a little family for events like this. Patty surprised me with the sweet onesie below! I can't wait to put Grady in that outfit!
Go Pokes!
I also happened to be blessed with some of the best co-workers and boss around. The following Monday they put on an office shower for me. My boss had cupcakes specially made for the event with little airplanes! 

Since then we have been spoiled twice more. The girls from my home group surprised me and the other pregger in our group with a dinner shower! Sweet diaper cakes and delicious real cake, followed by gifts and laughs! And the pictures below are from my final shower yesterday. As a recruiter, I have a specific group I work with on regular basis to help hire employees for all of the clinics associated with our hospital. They were so sweet to ask if they could hold a shower for me and again we were poured on with love and gifts. I'm telling you this kid is SO spoiled already and he doesn't even know it!
I am so in love with the blanket they had made for Grady. It is a beautiful baby quilt and has his name right in the middle. 
In between all of that we have been busy getting his nursery done, working, finding last minute things like the book above. I have started Grady's book collection and I could NOT resist when I stumbled upon this book. Each chapter has a little Cowboy story demonstrating how he should behave. I can't wait to read it to him! Zeb has been so good and patient with me. He has accomplished a lot around the house and in Grady's nursery along with working 6 days a week and keeping up with his MBA classes. I am one lucky gal. ;)

Here I am at 34-35 weeks! I feel like a boat, but everyone keeps reassuring me I don't look like one which is nice. I truly am ready for him to be here though. 

 34-35 Weeks


This week, baby is the size of a: Large canteloupe
Due date: March 27th or April 1st 
How far along: 34 weeks and 2 days if you follow the April 1st due date and 35 weeks today if we go with the newly updated due date of March 27th. Either way we are getting close!
Next appointment: February 25th. 
Gender: It's a BOY!!
Total weight gain/loss: roughly 36 pounds
Stretch marks: just a few on my hips, but so far none on my stomach!! So excited about that and hoping the stretching isn't hiding them. 
Swelling: I just started swelling this week. I'm not sure if it's mostly the warmer weather causing it, but it makes me feel fluffy! yuck!
Maternity clothes: nothing new. We are in the home stretch and just making things work as best I can. 
Belly button: completely smashed.  
Sleep: still hit or miss. I try and take note of what I did differently on the nights I sleep so well. The only consistent thing has been when I get cuddled just right on my body pillow. I also have to be sure not to drink too much water before bed. 
Food cravings/aversions: still nothing. I have felt a little sick after eating these days.  
Movement: he moves ALL the time. and I love it. 
Wedding ring: Still on, but the swelling is not looking promising. I usually take it off when I'm getting too warm
What I miss: my wine. I'm a total wino and can't wait to have a glass postpartum! 
What I'm loving: the final touches. I go in his room and just stare at the closet. and those little clothes. and dream about dressing him and rubbing lotion on his sweet body. I really am trying to embrace these moments because there are sweeter ones to come.      
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing off the nursery and putting our feet up before he gets here. Nursery pics soon to come!
Best moment this week: Putting his crib together last night. It makes it feel so much better in the nursery with all the furniture in it's place   
Milestones: getting through each day. ha ha this pregnancy deal is hard in the end! I know it will be so worth it though!

No comments: