Thursday, April 9, 2015

Resetting For My Sanity!

Tuesday morning I had a moment. It was a desperate plea to Jesus. 

I NEED HELP!

I have been singing this tune for about a month now. I need to reign in the spending, make healthier choices with food, MAKE time to exercise, and use time I have been wasting on meaningless things to play with Grady and get in the Word! Ever since having Grady, It has felt like I am racing time constantly and making excuses for everything! 

I am too tired to clean, read, workout....

I don't have time to plan meals out anymore...I will just grab something on the way. 

I will do better next week,

I will eat better tomorrow. 

I will start a new Bible reading plan next week. 

Bible plan "start over" button...

Start over button...

Oh shoot...start over button...

Honestly, I have never been one to make so many excuses about things. I have even failed miserably at keeping in touch with friends. I used to be the one that would say "you make time for what is important to you" and now I am the one not allowing time for any of the things that are REALLY important to me. 

So Tuesday, I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 AM. I looked up at the ceiling and just said "Jesus, Help Me." 

Help me do better.

Help me spend less

Help me figure out how to make more progress on our financial goals.

Help me eat better.

Help me workout more. 

Help me spend quality time with Grady.

Help me draw closer to you!

Help. Help. Help. I can't do this alone. 

Tuesday night we had home group. Our lesson right now is about things God never said, by Craig Groeschel. He did some good preaching this week and in the middle of his sermon he said something that spoke so incredibly clear to me I couldn't shake it. 

"You were created to NEED God!"

I was created to Need him. I was not created to do it on my own as I have been trying to do for so long. He created me to praise him, give glory to him, drive others to him, and to NEED him. 

Tomorrow I will start the Whole30. This was decided as part of my efforts to reset. I need him to help me reset and I believe that is most importantly done through His word and the body he gave me to live this beautiful life. So for the next 30 days I am committing myself to the Whole30 and at least 30 minutes of time in prayer and the word a day. My prayer is that the Lord would reset me during this time. That he would help me get back in line with him and re-focusing my energy on things that matter most in my heart. 

Would you say a prayer for me to? 

I will let you know how it is going every few days! I love bread, cheese, and wine so this should be rather interesting!

1 comment:

PK said...

Praying for you! Eat grapes when you want wine, cauliflower can help fight bread cravings and lots of omega-3 fats will help with the cheese! EVERY day is a new day. Reset with that fresh perspective! Oh and let's talk this weekend!

Love you! xoxo