Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Beauty of Fall


This morning I thanked God for one of the most beautiful mornings we have seen in days. It got all the way down to 50 degrees and when I walked outside something came over me. I was immediately thrown into the fall.


The fall holds a special place in my heart. The first time that I ever truly remember experiencing fall was my first year away from home at NAU. Flagstaff offers a much cooler and prettier Fall than Phoenix. Fall marks the beginning of many new things in my life. Fall means that Starbucks will soon have their Pumpkin Spice Latte again. Fall takes me back to many conversations with a very sweet and loyal friend, Summer Burke. Fall is also her favorite season. The Fall makes me warm inside when I think of the many holidays to come over the next few months that offer time with friends and family over yummy food. Fall is the season for football, which I have gained a greater appreciation for over the last two years. Fall is a special time with special meaning.


Now, I know Oklahoma was only teasing me this morning when it overwhelmed me with the feeling of Fall. There is still some time left before we start to see the leaves change and the air feel crisper, but I enjoyed getting lost in the thoughts on my way to work this morning. It is true what my friend Katy said, "God showed off when he made today". Take a moment to say thanks and prepare for the sweet beginnings that this fall will offer.

No comments: