Monday, August 16, 2010

A Special Thanks!


Yesterday Zeb and I had dinner with Kali and Pat Bell. They invited us over to their new apartment. They were recently married in May and have truly been taking in the married life and all that it is. For a little background, I met Kali just over a year ago when I was transferring over to my new residence hall. She was going to be my programming assistant for the year. I never knew that through being her supervisor that we would grow so close and that one year later I would gladly call her my friend and sister in Christ!


I had such a good time with these two last night. Pat cooked yummy grilled shrimp, asparagus, and potatoes. Kali made a delicious apple dump cake for desert! We sat for two and a half hours around their cute little handmade table and truly just enjoyed the company of each other. We talked about life, love, God, and more life. I think quite honestly Kali and I did majority of the talking, but the boys added in their piece from time to time. We laughed A LOT! We discussed things that didn't make sense to any of us, we talked about the hopes of our futures, but more than anything we just took in the beauty of fellowship.


It might seem weird to you that I would write a blog particularly about the time I spent with my loved one and another couple. It might seem weird that I would focus on details that seem so minor. These details, though, are the very reason for this blog. Today, so many of us are focused on the busy of life. It is always, busy this, busy that. There is not time for relaxed conversations. There is not time for meaningful relationships. Everyone, myself included, is so worried about selfish desires and interests. We would assume turn to technology and tv, rather than pour into the lives of human beings. Last night we were able to do the exact opposite of all of that though. We were able to just relax and engulf ourselves in the conversations of one another's lives. This was a night well spent.


Finally, I would just like to say thanks to the Bell's. Thank you for being such a humble couple. Thank you for painting a picture of what a good christian couple could and should look like. Thank you for your love and the time you invest in so many people to live purposeful, selfless lives. Most importantly, thanks for the food and good company!
P.S. if you enjoy blog reading check theirs out too! http://www.patrickandkali.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

PK said...

thanks for making me cry in the office! oh my goodness, you just made my day and i love you so so much! we feel the same way about you two.

love you sash!