Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte or Merlot?

Yesterday I was listening to Rise and Shine Oklahoma as I normally do while getting ready for work. I heard the word Starbucks and my radar was on. They were talking about possible changes to the Starbucks menu, beer and wine. What? Weird. Good. Bad. I don't know.

Word on the street is they are doing a test run in Atlanta right now. If things go well then it is in. They said that majority of the business at Starbucks happens before 2:30 pm. In an effort to help sales later in the day they have turned to more of a cafe environment rather than coffee shop. I guess their $2.00 drink special after 2:30pm if a coffee was purchased in the morning was not working. Basically, they are looking to offer a selection of wine and beer to late afternoon and evening customers. I am not sure how I feel about this. Starbucks is my favorite coffee shop. They are unique for their coffee. Now with wine in the mix I am confused. Pumpkin Spice Latte or Merlot?

What are your thoughts?

No comments: