Tuesday, January 11, 2011

S.E.X.



Slavery


Exploiting


XXX

Today, January 11th, is National Human Trafficking Awareness day.

1. The United States is 2nd behind only Germany in human trafficking and 1st in child sex trafficking.

2. The Super Bowl is one of the biggest human trafficking events in the United States.

3. Oklahoma is in the top 10 for states with the most trafficking

4. Runaways and throwaways are most at risk in America to be exploited in the growing sex slave industry.

5. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually.

That is a very small number of truths for a very large problem. These are our women and children that are being exploited.

It has been almost 2 years since I was introduced to this problem that I thought only existed oversees. I was so ignorant to the problem that sits in our backyard. It broke my heart.

Since that day I have done very little with the information I was given. There has been a small voice though that has never stopped whispering. My heart stirs for the victims of this horrible crime.

Take a moment today. Thank God for the things he is doing in this country to stop the violence. Pray for those still trapped. Pray for the men abusing. Pray for an end.

It all starts with an awareness day like today.

No comments: