Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthdays are Awesome!


It has been almost 2 years since I first met this girl...Meet Kali! Today is her birthday and so I thought I would do a little blog just for her. Kali was an RA for me in my final year of Res Life and I am so happy she was brought into my life.
Kali was there the day I got baptized, just barely a month after meeting me. She was there when I went through a rough summer. She was there when I met Zeb. She was there when I struggled both personally and professionally. She was there when I overcame all the struggle. She was there when I passed comps, while I job searched and when I graduated. She is still there today.
I watched her marry her best friend last May and it was beautiful. Since then Kali has, probably unknowingly, set an excellent example of what it takes to be a wife. She remains humble and constantly seeks God in her life. She has lead me and other women in a Monday morning girls group to talk about life, love, and the meaning of all of it. She challenges me to be a better person and listens when I just need someone to listen. She is never judging or criticizing. I love her for that. She just takes people for who they are. Kali really is just a beautiful person inside and out. I feel blessed to call her my friend.
Thank you Kali for being my friend and sister in Christ! Happy Birthday! Looking forward to celebrating tonight!
And to the rest of you...Enjoy life today, go for the extra scoop of ice cream!

No comments: