Monday, February 28, 2011

Who I am in Him

Today is one of those days when it is hard to write inspiring and joyful material. It is one of those days when it is hard to fake a smile to those around you. It is one of those days when I just want to sit in silence in prayer, but sing worship at the top of my lungs. It is one of those days when it feels like the weight of the world is sitting on your lap.

It is one of those days when you are so glad that you were just reminded 24 hours prior that you are a conqueror in Christ. I am so glad that I was reminded that I can and will overcome what seems impossible to overcome.

I am an overcomer. More than conqueror. Because Christ said so.

"What then shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave Him up for us all-how will He not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"-Romans 8:31-32

"Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"-Romans 8:35

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."-Romans 8:37

" I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world."-John 16:33

"In your strength, I can crush an army; with my God, I can scale any wall"-Psalms 18:29

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war the way the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish strongholds and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obediant to Christ"-2 Corinthians 10:3-5

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."- 2 Corinthians 4:7-9

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world"-1 John 4:4

So I guess on the days, like today, when I feel the weight of the world, I just need to remember the one who is NOT of this world, but who created this world. I need to conquer the enemy that is attacking me and run to the one who has overcome all things and therefore because of my love for Him will help me to overcome as well.

He is faithful. He is beautiful. He is Christ my Lord.

1 comment:

J. Cohee said...

Amen Sister! I know how it is when it's hard to be motivated when it's "one of those days" You are more inspiring than you know though! I love what you do on your blog!