Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MMM...Taco Salad

Last night Zeb and I took on the delicious task of eating an entire bowl of Taco Salad between the two of us. Now, you can not understand what this means unless you actually make it yourself and see how much one recipe makes. It is a task we have never accomplished in the past, but I was feeling good last night and we did it! For the future I wouldn't recommend it since Zeb was in pain the rest of the night, but you have to at least try it! It is my mom's recipe and I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with all of my readers. It is just too good to keep in. It makes more than enough and is a quick and easy meal for a large bunch. Don't let the salad title fool you though, I am not sure how healthy it actually is. I wondered that aloud as we were eating last night and Zeb responded very matter of factly that I probably shouldn't worry about that because if I knew I probably would never make it again and that just can't happen since it is one of his favorites! I laughed. So, thanks to my mom for providing me with a dish that I can easily make and Zeb can easily consume! That is a rare combination.

Taco Salad Recipe

1 lb. Ground beef
1 head of Iceberg lettuce
1 Large tomato
1 onion of your choice
2 cups of fiesta blend cheese
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
8 oz of sour cream
1 bottle of Russian dressing (by wishbone)
1 bag of Doritos (my mom always used nacho cheese, but Zeb like the cool ranch)

Start by cooking the ground beef in a skillet. While that is cooking you can begin cutting up the vegetables. Cut up the entire head of Lettuce, tomato, and onion. Toss it all in the large bowl. Add the cheese next and mix it up. I like to use my (clean) hands, but a spoon works great too! Finish cooking the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning. Once that is complete set it aside. Crush the Doritos in the bag just enough to make bite size pieces. Now pour them in the bowl. Add all the entire tub of sour cream and the entire bottle of Russian Dressing. Mix it up. Finally add the ground beef and mix one last time. Serve immediately!! The recipe is not very good after it has sat for a while so it is best eaten fresh!

Enjoy!

P.S. had I thought about writing this specific blog last night while I was making it I would have taken pictures, but unfortunately I am not forward thinking enough. Until next time...

No comments: