Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This Friday is very exciting. Not only is it 4 weeks before my very special day, but it is also the Friday before Easter, Good Friday. It is the start of a couple of days spent in celebration of the One who gave His life and rose again to save our life! It is a beautiful thing. This weekend is filled with exciting times!

Tonight Zeb and I are having the Bell's over to my apartment to color eggs, eat chicken enchiladas, and spend some much needed friend time. Tomorrow morning I am going to up to the church to help prepare for the Easter services while Zeb will spend his time helping his brothers and Dad re-model his house. Then tomorrow afternoon I plan to spend some quality time at the gym and getting wedding crafts done. Tomorrow evening I will make my way back to the church to serve all of the people that walk through our doors!

Sunday morning will be so special. Yes it will be Easter, but it will also be the time that I get to baptize a very special little girl. My flower girl, Noel, is 9 years old. She has been a part of my life now for 2 years and on Sunday she will be baptized to publicly declare her decision to make Jesus the leader of her life. Last Sunday she ran up to me and with the biggest smile on her face she asked me if I would baptize her. Of course, I told her I would love to! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be apart of this moment with her.

Well that pretty much sums up my weekend. I hope your weekend rocks too!

No comments: