Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To Goal or Not To Goal

I have never been one for truly sticking to goals. This is shocking really given the field of work I was in for about 4 or 5 years. As a Resident Assistant and a Residence Director we were required to set goals every semester and year. Setting them I could do, that was easy. Sticking to them? Well that is just a whole 'nother playing field. I want to stick to them, I really do. I mean I don't have the goals for no reason. I just get distracted or lose interest or maybe lack will power...not sure.

This summer I have thought a lot about that actually. I have thought about my inability to stick to the goals I create and how much this bothers me. I mean, seriously! Why in the world am I completely ok with unmet goals? Who wants to be friends with someone like that or work with someone like that? I know I wouldn't! So can't you learn to meet a goal Sasha? Can't you stick to one thing you really want to do ever?

Ok I am going to quit talking to myself now, but really this is serious. Therefore, I have made a few goals for the next 6 weeks. Now, they aren't going to be hard goals or things I don't really want to do. They are going to be goals that I think are manageable and good for me at this point in my life. I have you, my readers, to hold me accountable. You might think some are a little strange but here are my goals until the end of July.

1. Read and complete 4 books. I have already started my first one, Redeeming Love.
2. Run/walk 2 miles at least 3 days a week. I have to build my endurance back up which is why I added in the walk.
3. Write 1 letter a week to a friend or family member.
4. Floss everyday. (I know I should already be doing this, but I'm not so give me a break already!)
5. Learn 1 new hobby. I don't have a clue what that will be yet, but I need to learn something new.

I am taking on the 5 goals for two reasons. First, I want to stick to some goals for once. I want to prove to myself that I can. Secondly, it is summer and that is the best time to do things you really want to do but never find time or get around to doing. This is my opinion of course, but you should take it as truth.

So that's it. Those are my goals and I seriously need you to hold me accountable! While your at it try a few yourself. Use this summer to rock out those things you never get around to doing! You will love it, I promise.

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

PK said...

I suck at flossing! Accountability partners? =) love your idea!

Sash said...

Yes! Accountability partners!