Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekly Commitment=Great Gain

"...humbly plant God's word deep in your heart"

A little grouch found it's way in my heart over the last 24 hours. After all the great things that have happened in the last 2 days a mean and evil spirit was still able to find its way inside. I am not sure how or what let this one in, but I was well aware of it this morning as I dressed for the day. So much so that I moped around the house determined not to make any progress in getting ready until it was absolutely necessary. This resulted in a pony-tailed hair and yesterday's makeup. Gross.

"...instead of dwelling on a temptation in our thoughts and allowing it to morph into sin"

I made my way into town for my weekly breakfast date with Mrs. Kali Bell. I love those dates. This is when we get to catch up on our week in person rather than through technology and it is well worth the early mornings and few dollars spent. For in that short hour we spend together; honesty, laughter, and good conversation all occur. We exchange details from our weeks, thoughts in our head, and even selfish frustrations.

"...quietly focus our hearts on truth"

That is when the change is made. When I spend an hour with a sister in Christ that allows me to be open and honest without any judgement to show, that is when the change is made. When I can talk about things that only another girl would understand, that is when the change is made. When we can agree together that we are human and our need for Jesus is so great, that is when the change is made. That grouch is pushed away when I join in fellowship with a beautiful person that is willing to accept, discuss, and laugh at our own faults and insecurities.

I am thankful for that weekly breakfast date. I would recommend it to anyone. Make time to hang with someone you trust and can be completely honest with on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. It is time well invested and certain to change your heart for the better.

p.s. it is hump day and almost my favorite holiday of the year! Celebrate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ms. Kali Bell and sister in Christ for being there for Mrs. "Grumpy" Sasha Austin before I have to see her today. :)
Our God is amazing like that – He knows exactly who to put in our lives at what times and seasons we are going through. And thus, this is why I smile daily!!! He is sooooooooo good to us and we don’t even deserve it! Can’t get any better than that!!! :0) SLC

PK said...

you are too too sweet! our breakfast dates are the best!<3 You are such an inspiration!