Friday, July 1, 2011

Proud to be American



"Hey Mr. Wilson! I am sleeping at your joint!"-Can you name it??

.........

............

..............Dennis the Menace!

Oh how I love this movie. Zeb and I watched it last night and it was awesome! Just like every other time I have watched it. My dear friend Tara and I once watched this movie everyday for a week. It was just as good every time. We then proceeded to shout random lines of the movie at each other frequently while others stared in bewilderment. I love that and miss that. Come visit Tara!

4th of July is Monday and we are headed to the lake for the weekend. I am beyond excited for this. It will be the first time I have actually gone somewhere with friends on a holiday EVER! I was not like most young adults that took Spring Breaks or Summer Breaks with friends...although looking back on it now I wish I had a little more. Nonetheless I am excited to do that this weekend. Just a weekend full of 5 other couples, a lake, sunshine, fireworks, a cabin, and fun! I love the 4th of July more than any other time of the year. I am a tad on the patriotic side...ok a lot on the patriotic side. But here is the thing, if we as Americans don't stand by OUR country, then who will? Nothing ever goes perfect, much like an organization, friendship, or relationship; but you don't give up on it and you certainly don't abandon it. Unfortunately, that is a lesson many don't stand by today. Support your country folks! Ok I am off my soap box. I just love the appreciation for our country on that day and the gathering of people that it screams for.

Happy Red, White, and Blue friends! God Bless the USA! Be Safe!

1 comment:

Robin said...

"you are a tad patriotic" ? ! If I remember right...you were the one who came in the office one day with glasses, a hat....and who knows what else Red, White, and Blue! haha...I think "tad" is a bit understated...try...enormous!