Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Clinging to Him

Tomorrow will mark the end of my six weeks and the goals that I had set out to complete by then. Unfortunately, I failed.

I did not read 4 books. I read 2 and a half.

I did not write 6 letters to friends and family. I wrote 2.

I did not run regularly. I think I ran 4 times total.

I did not learn many new words. I learned 1 that I can actually remember. Frenetic. I blame my frenetic life.

I did not floss everyday. Although I have done this goal best. I maybe missed a week total of flossing.

So maybe goals aren't my thing. Maybe actually having a goal is not what keeps me motivated. In fact maybe it does the exact opposite. Maybe goals are my thing. Maybe just not these goals.

I had actually set out to complete my goal of answering the writing prompts for a week and then last Wednesday they stopped sending them.

Maybe all of this is just an attempt to fill a purpose that I have yet to find. Maybe the reason I can't meet a goal is because I have been so desperately trying to meet the goal for my life. What is that you might ask?

.........................
..................................
My goal is to do whatever God's goal was for my life. And even though I haven't quite figured that out yet there is good news. God doesn't miss goals which means it is still there for me to find. He is taking me there one day, one step, one light at a time.

"for I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: