Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Woman of Peace

  • She has surrendered her life to God and she's not mad about it. She is learning to trust him with the outcome and, even beyond trust, she anticipates that His plan will be more exciting and better than she could have ever imagined.
  • She tends the hearts of those she loves. Petty details decline in value, Love matters more.
  • She is beginning to see what counts for eternity and gives her attention accordingly.
  • She is interruptible.
  • She looks into the eyes of neighbors and strangers and the goofy friends of her kids and sees the person who wants to be loved and valued and applauded.
  • She understands that life doesn't always turn out right and just about everything needs covered with forgiveness.
  • She is slow to mumble stupid words of discouragement.
  • She considers when it is appropriate to become angry.
  • She is way past appearances and pretense.
  • She surrounds herself with passionate contentment.
I read this last night from the book, A Beautiful Offering. I loved it and wanted to share it. I wrote it down because I want to never forget it. I want to strive to live it. I can think of one woman that comes close to living this, maybe not in every way, but definitely close, and I admire her for this.

I will share what a woman without peace looks like as well on another day. It is an impactful list that hit me hard.

God, give me peace. Change me. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sasha you continue to inspire and I would like to know hot to blog myself. I have started reading and other thngs I have not ever stuck too in the past and now its peaceful and freeing. How do I start one of these myself?
Denese