Thursday, July 14, 2011

Extraordinary Surroundings

Day 2
“Every artist was first an amateur.”

To be an artist one has to find beauty in ordinary things. Find 10 things of great beauty in the landscape that surrounds you. For example, crumple sheets on your bed in the morning, the smell of coffee making its way around a busy office.

I like that quote. :)

My landscape is my office. The ten things of beauty include....

1. The chatter in the front of the office. People are getting along :)
2. The sanitizer by my keyboard. It keeps my hands clean.
3. The cross that sits by my phone and reads Matthew 17:20. It makes me smile throughout the day.
4. The mousepad that is my family picture. It reminds me of my loved ones in Arizona.
5. The Pink cup. I love pink. I will never grow out of it.
6. The calculator that is also pink. I bought you at random but you have become a handy tool.
7. Zeb's business card that sits on my keyboard. I love him and the hard work he has put into becoming more.
8. My multiple calendars. I just counted 4 in my office. If I don't know the date something is wrong.
9. The low sounds of clicking and typing. Busy bees working away.
10. The chairs that sit on the opposite side of my desk. They remind me that I serve a purpose here in this little office. There are students that need me.

Be an artist today and appreciate the ordinary.

No comments: