Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Fulfilling Life This Is



Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since I started my goals for the summer of 2011. Here is an update of my progress.

I just completed my first book. Granted, it was almost 500 pages but that still puts me a little behind. That leaves me with 3 books to complete in the next 3 weeks! Challenge is on! Redeeming Love is an absolutely beautiful and emotional story. It is the story of a young girl sold into prostitution at the age of 8 and held in it for 10 years. Being bought and used was all she ever knew until one man walked into her life and refused to leave. He took the time to show her love, something she had never seen in its true fashion. It is also a story of forgiveness and God's unfailing mercy. I highly recommend it!

I have failed miserably on my running goal. I have ran one time since my goal was established. This makes me feel yucky, but it is a new month with new objectives. I will at least work out 5 days a week this month. I just bought a new workout video so we will see how this goes.

I have written 1 letter so far. I have 1 day left to write another one before my week starts over. I do plan to write that letter today. So letter receiver....get ready! p.s. I found an antique writing desk last week that I really, really want!! Now if I could only find a way to convince Zeb of my need for it.

I think I have only missed a few days on flossing. I am most proud of this goal because it is something I have wanted to be more consistent in for a long time and I think I officially am. I actually don't like not flossing now. This is a big step!

My final goal was to learn 1 new hobby. Rather, than a hobby I have taken on the task of learning new words. This was in an effort to expand my vocabulary, assist in my writing that I hope to continue to do more of, and prepare for the GRE that I will one day take again if and when I go back for my PhD or in my case most likely my EdD. My most recent learned word was frenetic. Do you know what it means without looking it up? "She decided to decrease her weekly commitments to make her life less frenetic." :)

Make some goals this month. It is a great step to living a more purposeful life.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Flossing is always a hard one! Keep up the good work....I am proud of yoU! You are so ambitious!