Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Glass is Half Full




Today I am tired.

Yesterday exhausted me and made me that much more excited for next week. I am tired because I have to get up by 5:30 at the latest in order to shower, take care of the dogs, get ready for the day, make lunches and coffee, and get out the door by 6:30. Yesterday it was closer to 6:50 by the time I made it to the car, forgot my cell phone, made it to the car again, and realized I forgot my ring. Ugh! Then I made the hour and a half drive to Stillwater just to be 20 minutes late to work. Yesterday was busy, busy because it is the first week of classes at OSU and there are lots of overwhelmed freshmen that need their advisor. Then it was rush out at 5pm to get back on the road in order to get to Tulsa as quick as I can to start the first night of my part time job. And it is not Sonic. By the time I finished up my training there I arrived home at about 9:30...beat.

Today I am tired and I am doing it all over again.

Tonight I will have day 2 of my training for the new part time job. I know. I know. Things change in my life as fast as night changes to day, but this time I am sticking to it. After I thought I was going to work at Sonic, I stumbled upon a hostess job at a local restaurant called Lucky's. It is a locally owned upscale restaurant down on Cherry street in Tulsa. Cherry street is this cute little half mile stretch of restaurants, shops, and nightlife. Since I love restaurants, the hours were great, and the money is way better I decided to take the leap. They hired me immediately. I was ecstatic! My first night of training was a bit overwhelming and I am praying I catch on quick!

Today I am tired, but next week will get better.

Next week I won't have to wake up as early to get everything done. In fact, next week I can wake up at about 6:15 to start a morning run at 6:30 and still get back to shower and be at work by 8:30. FANTASTIC! Then I will only have a 20 minute drive to and from work. I will work the part time job on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and still have plenty of time for my husband and friends. God is so good!

Today I am tired, but I have got lots to look forward to and I am thankful for that.

Is your glass half full or half empty today?

No comments: