Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Coffee Shop

Yesterday I was feeling feisty. Today I am feeling much better. Thank you Starbucks.

Everyone should have a special place that does a number on your emotions and makes you all warm and fuzzy. That is exactly what Starbucks does for me. I don't get to experience it as much these days due to budget cuts so I tend to get really excited on the days that I do. Today was the 2nd day all summer that I have gotten to spend time in my special place. It brings a sense of nostalgia with a hint of creativity. I like to reminisce my early days of Starbucks.

I used to go to the Starbucks by Mesa Community College or the one in Fashion Square Mall everyday in between classes my Freshmen year. If I went to MCC it was because I was waiting on my best friend, Amy, so we could have lunch.

Once I moved to Flagstaff it became a popular place for my friend, Summer and I, to visit. We could spend hours and in fact sometimes made multiple trips in one day during Pumpkin Spice Latte season.

Since being in Stillwater, it has been a place of multiple friend get togethers and late homework nights. More recently it has been a place to do early morning reading.

It is a place of comfort and I enjoy that. Today, I am thankful for that little coffee shop, that in reality is not that little. I am thankful for the place it has given me to enjoy coffee, build friendships, and complete books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is silly... but I get REALLY sad when I think about how much fun we used to have there! Sure, the memories are good, but the sadness comes because I. Just. Miss. You.