Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tulsa State Fair

Last Saturday Zeb and I went to the fair. The fair itself was not that amusing. Actually at one point when we were walking around I found myself completely disgusted. I was disgusted by the filth surrounding me and the amount of money being wasted on GIANT stuffed animals. We didn't ride any rides and actually just did a lot of sitting and watching people.

The reason we had decided to go was really to attend the rodeo and then watch Chris Young after. Prior to making it over to the rodeo though we caught a little fair food and a wild west show.




Once we made it into the rodeo grounds my entire mood changed. My heart swells for the rodeo! I love country folk and how appreciative they are of God and this country. I love the animals, the smells, the rodeo queens, and even the clowns.


Isn't the dirt so pretty??



 This was their last rodeo. Such a sweet moment!



 The clown acts are probably my second favorite behind the barrel racing. I told Zeb that I wanted our kids to be in rodeos. Truthfully, I want to be in the rodeo. I guess I feel like I have a better chance if I get my kids in first.

 After the rodeo Chris Young came on. I love Chris Young. Let me tell you why I love Chris Young. Besides the fact that he sounds great and has great songs, Chris Young is that good ole' boy that you just can't help but like. He is so big and goofy and genuine. It is so obvious in his every move and I love that about him.

 Whoops! I forgot it was on zoom! ;)

Zeb thought he needed to do something extra to to make the picture better....I told him it wasn't necessary.


Thank God for much needed days out, big dreams, and handsome husbands!

No comments: