Monday, September 26, 2011

A Different View

The Fall weather has stolen my heart. I took a walk around a popular outdoor shopping area called Utica Square at lunch. This was the PERFECT way to spend my lunch. The weather was beautiful and I was able to get in some much needed exercise. I walked it twice. The first time I walked it in one direction and the second time I went the opposite direction. At the time I thought it just made sense to go backwards and end up where I started, but as I was walking the second time I began to recognize things I hadn't seen the first time around. I saw the Baristas at Starbucks the second time, rather than the waiting customers. I noticed a store tucked in a corner I hadn't looked at the first time. I saw the other guest of tables in a restaurant. I noticed a different set of beauties the second time around just by switching my direction.

Imagine the beauties you might see in your daily routine if you did one thing different. If you switched up your drive or the order in which you do things. Switch the time you go to work or the station you listen to. There is always good in doing something differently from time to time. Try a new hobby, make a new friend, join a new organization. Do something different in your life. There is beauty to be noticed.

Change your direction today.

No comments: