Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happiness is Powerful

I am reading this book right now called "Everyday a Friday". It is written by a pastor, probably a well-known pastor, and the entire book is on the idea of being positive. There are 27 chapters talking about how to approach life and situations with positivity and happiness. You know that feeling you get when it's Friday and you are looking forward to the weekend and that positive forward motion is just carrying you through the day? Well take that and apply it to everyday. What does it look like?

I am about half way through and honestly I really like it. I really like everything he is saying because it has truly allowed for me to be intentional and more thoughtful in my interactions with others. The stuff he is writing is not rocket science stuff. It is just everyday life with a positive spin.

You see, I think sometimes it can be so natural to be critical or negative in today's America. While a lot of people might find this book annoying or impossible, I think it is a fresh perspective and a good reminder that we were created to be happy people. We were meant to show love and joy. Don't let people take that from you. My new boss has us start each staff meeting with our happiness advantage. We each get to go around and say one thing or multiple things that we are especially happy about this week. She believes in the happiness advantage and that people can truly make a difference when approaching life with that perspective. I am totally on board!

Food for Thought:
Start each day saying; I want someone else's life to be better because I was alive and breathing today.
I want to be a person of excellence, have an attitude of faith, bless my enemies, and be good to people.

So, what is your happiness advantage today?

No comments: