Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blessings All Around

This morning I feel ultra sensitive to the fact that I am so blessed to have the ability to read, write, walk, run, laugh, think, and just be me. I am not sure what has brought about this sensitivity, but I am oddly aware that my currently ability to type this blog should not be taken for granted. Maybe it is the book I am reading right now, or the car accident I saw on the way to work this morning, or the wisdom I am gaining through daily readings of His word; whatever it is I am glad for this awareness. Blessings surround me, this I know.

This weekend we went to Arizona to visit my family. I wish I had more pictures, I have got to get better at that, but it was wonderful. We played games, got pedicures, and spent lots of snuggle time with my new little nephew. I also got some new running shoes. It was short, but sweet.

We are back to the real world this week and for quite a while. The hustle and bustle of holiday travel is long gone, which will allow for some normalcy in this life. I am looking forward to making the move next weekend to our new home, cracking down on my running (only 12 weeks till the half!), and enjoying this beautiful winter that we are experiencing here in Tulsa! Seriously, since when can you hike outdoors in January in Oklahoma without freezing your toosh off?!

What blessings are you surrounded by?

No comments: