Saturday, May 26, 2012

In All Things There is Perfect Grace

It's 8 am and I am hearing nothing but faint sounds of birds outside and the dogs wrestling each other. I am reflecting on God's goodness in my life. I am surrounded by temporary walls that I don't really care for, but I am thankful for nonetheless. And how totally selfish does that sound? "Thanks for this temporary living situation God, but I can't wait to get out." I have probably said that in some fashion everyday for the last 3 weeks. Even though He provided for us just 2 days before we had to make the move here and kept us from having to stay in a hotel and miss out on time spent with our family, this is my attitude. Thanks, but no thanks.

Fail.

Earlier this week I broke down. I had a piss-pore attitude and before it was all wiped away I lost it. I cried in fear of not having enough. Silly stuff too. Not having enough green to get us through, not having enough discipline to actually stick to my eating plans, not having enough time to spend with my husband, not having enough desire to want to clean the house after a long day....enough, enough, enough! I just let it all build up inside of me and it was ready to come out...in the form of tears that is. After Zeb talked me through it all so graciously, I just knew God was watching up above smiling over Zeb and frowning over me. Fear wins again.

Fail.

One of the biggest things I have struggled with in making this move was the art of making new friends. I told one of my friends about how it is just different when you are married, you make friends differently. Although, apparently I hadn't cared that much because to be honest with you I hadn't asked God to bring me a friend once since moving here. Well yesterday He did bring a friend to me, out of nowhere, and I just watched like a cod fish in amazement.

Fail.

Thank you Jesus for saving me from all my failures. Yesterday I heard something that really resonated with me.

We frequently look at others through the Law, but then beg God to look at us through mercy.

I would take it even further to say we also look at ourselves through the Law and then think there is no way God can see us through mercy or grace.

Here is the good news.

Those are just 3 of the many ways I failed this week. And I am the only one keeping count. Jesus came to save me from my failures. God isn't keeping count and no matter how well I do or how bad I do, His love is just the same. He is smiling on me always.

I think that is a great note to start my Saturday on.

Go show grace to someone today cuz you know God is showing it to you.  

No comments: