Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thankful Tuesday or Everyday!

Every day I try to take a few minutes in the morning to reflect on all the things I have been thankful for over the last few days or week. Well this morning I was going through that list and my oh my did it become quite the list.

This morning I was thankful for:
  • The blue birds I see frequently flying around our house. They are so pretty.
  • Zeb's friend, Dustin, who has been a visitor twice in the last week. I enjoy having company.
  • The church we visited on Sunday. Although it seemed like we stuck out like a sore thumb, I loved all the people that came up to introduce themselves to us and make us feel welcomed. Welcomed we felt.
  • The strength to complete 5 days of Insanity in a row and still get some miles in running.
  • Our house that is being built and all the people that are involved in that process.
  • The winery we visited this weekend.
  • The West Texas Running Club and the chance to volunteer at their race this weekend. It was so peaceful standing out in the country handing out water and Gatorade to runners.  
  • The chance to say I'm sorry to one another when we let one tiny little argument almost ruin our Saturday.
  • My family and how well we keep in touch regardless of the distance.
I told you, quite the list. I felt so lucky to have so much to be thankful for though. I met a great person while I worked at my last job and she was the one who inspired me to take time for this thought everyday. She shared with me that every morning she wakes up and it is the first thing she does. She writes down 1 thing she is thankful for. I am also thankful for her.

As many of you know, I was less than prepared to make this move to Texas. I think that is why it feels even better to still have a list of thankfulness. Try it. You will be surprised how hard it is to start your day grumpy when you have just reflected on all the good in your life.

Stay tuned tomorrow. I will give the run down on my first full week of Insanity.

Love this May 15th! It is the only one in 2012 you get!

No comments: