Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Very Special Prayer to Grady Cole Austin

Have you ever noticed how the "new" of anything is the best day of that existence? New relationship, new job, new baby, new friendship, new house, new car, new place. Your euphoric state is at an all time high and eventually over time, use, distance something changes it. The beauty you once placed in that person or object has faded and been replaced with discontent, short tempers, and the need for something new. This is breaking my heart and has lead me to a desperate plea for Grady Cole Austin.

Dear God,

You have given me a gift that is very exciting right now. Every emotion that surrounds the tiny heart inside of me is only there because of the excitement and anticipation that rests in what is to come. I will never stop praising you for this gift of life...I hope. You see that is my prayer today. God I pray I never forget these feelings of joy. I pray I never forget how special he is in my heart. I pray I always cherish the life of his that has been trusted to me. I pray I place as much detail on his 25th birthday as I do on his first. I pray I find just as much content in attending every SINGLE sport of his as I do just thinking of them today. I pray when my tempers run short and my fumes run high that I remember the blessing he is in my life. I pray I never forget how important he is to me. but Lord more importantly, because I know I will fail, I will forget, I will lose my temper, and I will become discontent, I pray for mercy. Lord, I pray he shows me mercy and grace on those days I fall short. I pray that I am quick to show love again when I know I have let my flesh come through. I pray there never comes a time when he doubts the love I have for him. Lord this is an easy prayer today. Father it is the same lip service that can sometimes come so easy in my relationship with you, but Lord just as you have taught me, "faith without action is dead", I pray that you would continue change my heart so that my actions always add up to my words. God, I pray that I would not forget the blessing my life should be on every person that comes across my path. My husband, my family, my friends, my co-workers, and even strangers, Father I pray for the actions that will show them that my life has been transformed by an almighty God. That because of your grace, love, mercy, and forgiveness I can be made new and walk in that light and they can too. I pray you would keep my flesh from running rampant and instead allow your spirit to lead my life. And I pray because of the eternal life change you have on me that my son walks in those same footprints. The footprints of Jesus.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments: