Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Theme of the Week...Making the Old, New again!



As I mentioned earlier this week, I have this love for antiques. Almost 2 months ago I ventured into the local antique store and found the vanity I have always dreamed of! It was perfect. I wanted so bad to take it home with me that day, but as my budget flashed through my mind I decided that probably woudn't be the wisest choice. The one pictured above is probably the closest image I could provide to give you an idea of what I am talking about. I just love the idea of sitting at my vanity preparing for the day ahead.

I think the initial thing that led to my love for vanities was when I was a kid. My mom had one. It didn't look like the one above, but you get the idea. The memory that I love the most though is watching my favorite movie, The Secret Garden. There is a vanity on there at the beginning before the fire happens. That vanity is always a reminder of what I hope to have one day. The Secret Garden is an excellent movie by the way if you haven't seen it.

When I went back to the antique store about three weeks ago, the vanity was gone. Someone else had gotten my Secret Garden vanity. I will just have to wait until that perfect vanity comes back into my life again and when it does, I promise I will be like a kid at a candy store!






No comments: