Monday, September 20, 2010

The Proposal



So as most people have heard already Zeb and I were engaged over the weekend! Yay! So exciting! Therefore, I thought it would be fun to post the story on my blog as today's entry. I was completely shocked when it happened! My youngest sister is in town and I thought there was no way he would do it with her here...turns out I was wrong!


Saturday morning he called me at 6 AM. "Oh my gosh, why is Zeb calling me so early?" That is what was going through my head.

"Hello"-Me

"Hey, what are you doing?"-Zeb

"Uh...Sleeping"-Me (what else would I be doing? ha ha)

"Well check your text messages"-Zeb

"ok"-Me

So when I got off the phone with him, I checked my text messages. There were two from him. The first one said; "Goodmorning beautiful, let's go for a walk. I got the dogs loaded up and I am headed over. Leave your sister sleeping". That one was followed by..."Are you awake". This was after I never answered to the sweet text before. So anyway I got up and brushed my teeth and headed out to his truck. As I got in the truck I immediately asked why he was up so early. He said he couldn't sleep and so he decided he wanted to go on a walk at boomer. We got about a half a mile down the road and he started to turn around. I asked what was wrong and he said he forgot to have me grab my camera. "Why do I need my camera?" He told me that he is doing a paper on airplanes and birds ( he is an aviation major) and so he wanted to take pictures of the geese at the lake. Hmmm...ok...So I went back in and grabbed my camera. Ok now to the good part.


We got all the way to the lake. We got out and grabbed the dogs. We were about 15 minutes into the walk when we came across a large amount of geese. I asked Zeb if he wanted a picture of them. He told me to hang on. He creeped to the edge of the grass to look onto the lake at the geese. Then he turned to me and told me to let Ryder off his leash. We like to let Ryder chase after the geese. :) Ryder was going crazy and I was struggling to do so, but I did finally let him off. Right as I looked back up I turned to find Zeb on one knee.

"What are you doing?"-Me

Zeb gets off his knee

"Did you see it?"-Zeb

"What?"-Me

I looked down at the leash and there it was..."Oh there is a ring on here!" ha ha that is exactly what I said.

"Will you marry me?"-Zeb

I don't think I took a breath for almost two minutes from being in shock, laughing, and only semi tearing up. Ha ha. A couple was walking up at that moment and so I asked them to take a picture for us. And this is the one we got.




Almost an hour later, after we completed our walk...Zeb said, "you know you never actually said yes."
"Well of course"-Me

The story, timing, and ring were all perfect! I am so excited. We haven't gotten details yet, but as we do I will keep you all posted! I want everyone there to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May God bless you two.... keep us posted. And don't forget to invite us! John, Gaspar and I will be very happy to see you get married.

James, Catherine, David and Abby! said...

Hooray! Great story! Now the fun begins :)

NikkiBeth said...

That is so great, glad you were suprised and I pray that God will help you two through this amazing journey you started. There can only be great things ahead! Have fun!!!