Monday, November 29, 2010

Being an Artist is Fun

I have been doing some serious research over the last month or so. This research is all about writing. It includes reading other's writing, practicing writing, and letting my mind wander. I like what most have to say about the art of writing. You see, I have never considered myself much of an artist. I am not creative and I am horrible at creating. Some look at a blank canvas and create, others look at music notes and create. I look at something and see exactly what it is.


That is a blank canvas. Point proven.

Then there is a blank piece of paper. I see blank pieces of paper and ponder all the things I could write on that paper. I have journals at home and work just in case I ever need to just write. I love writing. I may not always be good at it or write anything worth reading, but it is freeing. Suddenly, I feel like an artist. It was not until I began doing this research though, that I realized this was art. I felt like a small child on Christmas when this hit me. I AM an artist.

Now I want to create. I want to write blogs that want to be read, I want to create entries that are engaging, and you know what, I want to write a book. Ya, that is right, a book. I read you can start with e-books that only require 30 pages. I will start with my blog and work my way up, but it is a goal. If it takes me 20 years, I will write a book. I also read that when people look for things to read they are usually looking for 1 of 3 things; education, entertainment, or inspiration. I would say that is pretty accurate. Now I just need to figure out what my form of artistry will be.

Education requires facts. Black and white information. I suppose it could be grey, but then it is probably not education material.

Entertainment requires being funny and well...God didn't exactly equip me right for that. I could probably try, but I might fail if that is my sole purpose.

Inspiration is fun, but everyone likes being inspired in different ways. I may not inspire in a way that attracts readers.

You can see my dilemma. I suppose I will continue wandering until I find my niche. It is right around the corner. I just know it. I need your help though.

What is your favorite reading material and why?

p.s. don't forget about my new blog project coming soon! I guess you could consider it my 1st writing exploration project. So, what I am trying to say is be sure to come back!

2 comments:

PK said...

yay! I would read your book! Blogs are my favorite right now because they are short, hilarious, and inspirational :)

Sash said...

Thanks Kali! I think blogs are my favorite currently, although last night I went to the library and got 10 books. I guess not being a student anymore leaves me with lots of free time! :)