Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Today marks 26 years that my parents have been married. I love them for that. In a society where divorce is the norm and faithfulness is hard to come by, they have stayed true their love for one another. I am sure it has not been easy and I bet there were definitely times when one or both wanted to walk away, but they have truly stuck by their "for better or for worse" promise.

I remember in high school being one of very few with parents that were still married. I also remember being criticized for this. At the time I just brushed it off, but now I stand proud.

Yes, my parents are still married. Yes, it has been 26 years. Yes, they love each other just as much, if not more, today than they did on this day 26 years ago. I know, it is crazy. I know, it is hard to believe. I know, it is awesome.

Thank you Daddy and Mommy (yes I still call my parents this) for showing me that love does last.
Thank you for teaching me that being faithful to your spouse is important.
Thank you for standing by one another in everything, and I mean everything, you do.
Thank you for raising 3 girls that are not only sisters, but best friends.
Thank you for teaching us the importance of family.
Thank you for your work ethic and morals that you have ingrained in us.
Thank you for being committed to eachother.
Thank you for being my parents.

I love you guys so much and I hope your 26th anniversary is perfect.

Love always,
Sasha

No comments: