Thursday, January 13, 2011

You are my Paul


I just finished watching the end of the movie Julie & Julia. I have yet to see the beginning of this movie, but I love it. I am such a Julie.


My Julia consists of multiple women in one, but the one I like the most is Pioneer Woman. This Ree Drummond, she is something special. She cooks obsessively. She photographs beautifully. She writes thoughtfully. She home schools wisely. This woman puts the home in homemaker. You get the idea.


I find myself putting her frequently on a pedestal. Lately, when I have a new recipe to try, Zeb already knows the originator. Ree puts humor in her recipes as well. She is full of opinions and witty comments. I am such a Julie.


I want to be an artist of something. Like Julie striving to be the artist of Julia's recipes, I want to be the artist of writing or reading or nonprofits or country music or ministry or being a homemaker or SOMETHING! I want my artistry that sets me apart.


That is my goal of 2011. Oh what a year to look forward to. It would be cool to meet Pioneer Woman too!


What are you an artist of?

No comments: