Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Messy



A little over a month ago I started a project that has now been unfinished. I set out to blog about country music; 1 song per day. Easy enough right? Well then what happened? I had a weekend where I had to do some catching up and then I never came back after the 23rd. Unfortunately life happened. Between the holidays and traveling and family, well I just got busy and my blog project became less important. Now, with the new year upon us, the famous question is, what are your resolutions? I suppose I could have some, but then they would probably look like my blog project and then I would focus on how I failed rather than grew.

As I was thinking about this the other day and kinda beating myself up for not completing my project that I promised myself and my readers that I would, something else came to mind. It is very similar to anything in life. Many will have set resolutions to read the bible everyday, workout 4 times a week, write a letter to their significant other once a week, whatever yours may be, but then life happens. Events get in the way. A day passes and we forgot to read Genesis and we think we are doomed for the rest of the year. Or how about this...we promise to love our friends, family, and spouse everyday and then a hard day comes. No matter how good our intentions were about not treating our loved one bad regardless of personal situations, we do and now their is mending to do.

My point to all of this is no matter what it is that you strive to do it is never easy. It is even harder when you are trying to do it everyday. Then there comes a day when you feel defeated and you have two choices; you can keep going or you can give up right there. I believe we were made for more. I believe we were made to keep going. When the going gets tough and it seems like there is nothing left...keep going. When your relationship is dancing in the fire and you can't seem to agree on anything, keep trying. When you have lost your job and nothing seems to be working out right, keep searching. When you committed to a project on your silly blog and didn't complete it, keep writing.

I hope you will keep reading.

Happy New Year!

No comments: