Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reading Obsession

I have always been a reader, for as long as I can remember. Sometimes, though, I go through these reading addiction spurts. Is spurts a word? Anyway I go through these times when I want to read everything in sight. My sisters used to make fun of me because I would spend hours in Barnes and Noble just walking around staring at books. I think I was waiting for the moment when I had finally stared long enough that I would just start absorbing the words of the book I was staring at. It never happened, but that would be really cool!

Currently, I am in one of those phases. Phases is a better word, I will stick to that. The last time I went through this phase was in November. I went to the library and checked out 10 books! I have read 1 since that time and they are due back in a month. Since I will be so disappointed if I return those book without even looking at page one, I have a goal to get through most of them before their due date. The hard part is I also have about 5 other books that I am really into right now. Allow me to share.

Heaven is For Real
I saw this one yesterday at Hastings and immediately bought it on my Literati as soon as I got home. It was cheaper that way. I am so excited about this book. It's about a boy who at 4 years old went to heaven during an emergency surgery. He sat in Jesus' lap and angels sang to him. He met his miscarried sister that he never knew about and his great grandpa who had died 30 years before. It is a true story.







Wrestling with God

I mentioned this one a couple weeks ago. Its all about growing close to God through the tough stuff in life. I am about half way through it and I love it! I just get distracted to easily by other books.









Gazelle's Baby Steps and 37 other Things Dave Ramsey taught me about Debt
Jon Acuff is hilarious and this book is awesome. I have gotten through most of it already since I bought it on Saturday. The chapters are short and super easy to read, not to mention funny. The title pretty much covers the content of the book.







Stuff Christians Like
Another Acuff book. This one is based off his blog. I just started this one last night, but it too is hilarious. I have heard great things about this book. More to come!










OK so I guess that was only 4 but there was another book at Hastings that I saw yesterday that I will probably pick up shortly. Oh AND Pioneer Woman's new book just came out about her love story with her husband and I am dying to get that one too!
What are you reading? Has anyone read Sheet Music?

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I have read Heaven is For Real. It is a great book.