Wednesday, February 16, 2011

True Joy


Last night Zeb went on his first night flight. He flew to the OKC Will Rogers airport in the dark. He did not do it alone, his instructor was with him, but he mostly flew it alone. I was so excited for him to get to do this for two reasons.
  1. He is one step closer to getting his private pilots license.
  2. He was so excited about it that it made me excited for him.
When he returned from flying he was a completely different person than when he left. He was hungry, but not grumpy. He was tired, but not irritated. He was silly and playful. Then I realized something. This boy LOVES to fly. Flying brings him true joy.

I cannot even begin to describe the way it makes me feel inside when I get to see Zeb so excited about his future career. He talks about it with excitement. He has goals in his life that he didn't have prior to starting this path. As his future wife it thrills me to see the joy it brings him. True joy is so hard to find in careers these days. When I see his it inspires me to want to find that as well.

Today I am thanking God for the work he has done in mine and Zeb's life as individuals and a couple.

What are you thanking God for?

1 comment:

PK said...

oh goodness! Although I have never wanted to complain more in my life than I do right now, I am so extremely thankful! I have YOU and of course Zeb, 40 girls that support me daily, a FABULOUS husband, friends, family and of course our rockin' Savior! feeling thankful tonight!

Super pumped for Zeb!

love kb