Friday, June 10, 2011

The Power in One

Last night I went to Ruth's Christian Store. I was just wondering around the store wasting time when I came across a book titled; "Reshaping it All". I didn't recognize the girl on the front cover, but it was located in the health section of the books so I was interested. I picked it up and noticed there were pictures in the middle of the book. I immediately flipped to them. To my surprise I noticed it was DJ Tanner from full house! Candace Cameron Bure was DJ Tanner! I couldn't believe it. She looked so different and had written a christian book! I read the back cover to learn more about the contents of the book. This was sort of an autobiography written about her struggle with food and how it changed when her relationship with Jesus changed. I was hooked.

I didn't buy it right away. I wanted to wait, see if I could find it online for cheaper, and read a little more on the Internet. Well, today I got the chance to watch her testimony online. This DJ Tanner had grown up to be a beautiful and strong woman grounded in her love for Jesus Christ. I was captivated by her story, so much so I wanted to watch it again. Her love for God and the beauty of his grace is so apparent in the way she talks and who she is. This is a woman to be fond of. She has led her husband to Christ thru her actions, not her words and she is raising 3 kids as followers of Christ.

Today, because of her testimony, I am praying for the same undying fire that lives in her. She talked about an analogy that she read one time that she really liked. It stuck with me.

There was a little girl who saw a white sheep and thought the white sheep was so pretty against the grass. It started to snow and the little girl realized that against the snow the sheep was not so white and actually quite dirty. It was the same sheep, but because of the background it looked different to her. Well the same is true for us. When we stand with the world as our background we look pretty clean and good. But when you put the perfect and pure Jesus Christ, who never sinned, as our background we can start to see all of our filth. This story is not meant to make us feel bad, but instead meant to show our need for a savior and the perfect grace that God has to offer.

I would encourage anyone to go and listen to Candace's testimony. It is a beautiful and encouraging story.

Today, be aware of God's constant presence in your life.

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments: