Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Bliss



There is nothing like the weekends. They are never long enough, but I suppose if they were any longer they might lose the thrill that they hold. The weekend for us was wonderful for so many reasons. It was the first weekend since being back from the honeymoon that we didn't have somewhere to be or something important to do. I didn't feel like I was trying to catch up. I just felt like I was living it out.

I made pancakes from scratch for the first time. They were delicious, better than anything I have ever been able to make from a box and so simple! I used this recipe with 1/4 tsp less salt and 1/4 tsp of vanilla.

I visited the local grocery store, not wal-mart, and took my time.

Zeb went fishing with his buddy and was so excited to be fishing that the 100 degree heat didn't even phase him.

We made homemade salsa with our new food processor. Those things are awesome!

We watched part of Monte Walsh before the wine put me to sleep. I adore the joy that westerns bring my new husband.

We went to the Bell's for dinner on Sunday night, which is never a disappointing time.

I also realized this weekend that I love our temporary home. I love making it a home and taking care of it the way I would a permanent home. Zeb even said I am getting better with my reactions to the bugs.

Life is good. And despite the minor disagreements and hardships along the way, we are learning what it takes to love and live under one roof. I feel so lucky today.

Happy middle of June!

No comments: