Monday, January 9, 2012

Living the Better Life

Today was officially one week into my training for the half-marathon. So far so good. I have even lost a few pounds already!! Added bonus. Today was hard though. I mean I only had to run 3.5 miles, but it was hard. And as I was running I thought, how will I ever do 10 more miles than this?? But I will.

This year I am determined.

This year I am motivated.

This year is my year.

You see I am determined to accomplish things this year. I want to make spiritual, personal, professional, and marital movements this year. It's not that I won't have other years (God-willing) to accomplish things, but this year I am feeling EXTRA-ordinary. And the way I look at it, why not take advantage of this extra energy stirring inside of me to be great and do great? I pray this energy sticks around for awhile!

This weekend was nice. We took down Christmas decs finally and watched movies. Sometimes the simplicity of just lounging is so perfect and much needed!! We have one month left in our little apartment before we move across town to our new little house. God has been so good to us providing a nice little house to rent in the right location at the right price. It will allow us to work hard at our debt and still live comfortably. I also just got word that I am on the verge of moving into a recruiter role at work which is another prayer answered. I am just overwhelmed by the goodness of it all. Not shocked by it, just overwhelmed.

Why live the good life, when you can live the better life with God?

"Better is one day in your courts, than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of the wicked"-Psalm 48:10

1 comment:

PK said...

Ahhh, such WONDERFUL news! Cant wait to catch up Thursday! Woohoo! I want to see the house!